Monday, March 14, 2011

"I miss you so much that it hurts!"

Sitting at my computer to actually type this out is harder that I thought it would be...and I am on line one. This just may be one of the hardest things I will ever write about...

Yesterday, March 13, 2011, I lost one of my very best friends, and my first love. Cory Jex.

I don't know where to start when describing Cory. He was one of a kind.
Cory was like a human magnet. He attracted people. No matter who they were, or what stupid little cliche they belonged to in high school...they were drawn to him. He had an amazing personality, that made people want to be near him...and to never want to leave.
Cory changed lives in more ways than one. He was always there when I needed him. No matter what the circumstance, I KNEW without a doubt that I could count on him.

My relationship with Cory began my sophomore year of high school, at one of the oh so well known, "Bon Fires". We were quickly great friends and started dating shortly after.
My parents were a little concerned about my new boy because he was a little rebel. Black hair, mo hawk, gauged ears...but like I said before, Cory was a magnet. They loved him almost as fast as I did and they loved having him around.
I instantly LOVED his family. They are some of the nicest people I have ever met. Michelle went out of her way to make me feel included in things and his grandma was always welcoming. Carly, his sister, knew me from before, but was also so loving. I felt like a part of their family in no time.
Cory and I were inseparable from the beginning. We did everything together. From high school dances to snowmobiling to parties...we did it all.

Cory was such a good sport. He was always down to watch chick flicks with me, or hang out with me and my ditsy friends...just as long as we were together. I shared some of my best memories with that boy.

When Cory and I stopped dating..we didn't miss a beat. We continued on being friends like nothing had ever happened. We still told each other "I love you" at the end of every conversation. We still kissed good night. And he ALWAYS walked me to my car when I was leaving his house.

Cory and I had the best relationship I could ever imagine. Cory listened to me whine about my terrible choice in men to date (after him, of course)...and I listened to his stories about the girls he had been dating. We helped each other through the hard times, and laughed about the good ones.

Over this last weekend, I thought SO much about life. I thought about how fragile it is.
I thought about love, and how blessed we are to feel it. I thought about friendship, and lucky I am to have it with so many amazing people. And last...I thought about losing life, and love, and friendship. It's the most terrible of thoughts, but its reality.

I want to thank Cory for being such a wonderful example to me. He showed me what real love and friendship is all about. He showed me that even in the hardest times of life, you can make someone else's life...a little less hard. He taught me that no matter what religion or beliefs we have..we are all here together, to help each other.

I love you so much Cory! You are an inspiration to SO many people!! You have helped more people than you will probably ever know! And I just wish that you loved yourself half as much as we all do!...because I have never seen someone that is SO loved by so many!!
I will miss you forever and will always carry you in my heart!

Rest In Peace Cory Jex! Not a day will go by when there will not be thoughts and prayers for you! And like you used to say to me...."I miss you so much that it hurts!"

2 comments:

Dani said...

Such a sweet post, I am happy you wrote down your feelings -- & I am sorry your hurting. Your right though, Cory was a great kid -- the ENTIRE fam loved him, & appreciated how great he treated you, always. I love you!

Hearts Knit Together said...

Love you honey. So glad you could share your feelings. Sometimes that is harder than anything else. Do him proud in life! That is what you still can do.
Mom